Thursday, May 19, 2011


Why I Didn't Buy the LinkedIn IPO


When I heard the expected share price of $LNKD rose from $30-35 to $40-$45 the other day, I began to grow a little skeptical of the upside potential of getting in early. Obviously, LinkedIn is a company with a great foundation and room for growth, but given the fact their market is ultra-competitive and they have yet-unestablished revenue streams, I found it harder to justify the price. Then again, it is a great company with great future potential.

Fast forward to today, the stock opens at $83/share. Wow. I didn't expect such a huge surge, even given LinkedIn's brand value and future potential. I guess $LNKD is the "hot" tech stock to get, and people have to put their money somewhere. But do the numbers justify this surge in price?

Currently, the stock is trading around ~$105!!! WTF?!? This is gross speculation at its finest, people. I am now holding for a dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment