Friday, May 13, 2011


Why I'm Buying the LinkedIn IPO


I have been doing some research about LinkedIn in regards to their upcoming IPO on the NYSE, and the more I see the more I want to buy in...


100+ Million Network


Say what you will about Facebook, but LinkedIn's network is really its most valuable asset. Over 100 Million professionals with searchable resumes...


Advertising


Not much to say here, other than they will continue to generate solid revenues through advertising and job postings.


Corporate Recruiting Solutions


LinkedIn's Corporate Recruiting Solutions are the secret weapon behind my heightened interest in their IPO--something I've been suspecting, but LinkedIn has been slow to roll out. They basically partner with recruiters and search firms to provide them with search & candidate management tools for the tune of $5k per seat / year. It may not be a huge market, but it is a valuable revenue stream that I am excited to see them engage in.


Summary


Some critics disagree with my opinion as to the growth potential of the stock, but I think they have a solid lock on a very valuable market sector--the social network of business professionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment